Enjoy the most extreme rapids that the Vaal River has to offer. The stretch is approximately 4km.
Here you will experience the longest rapid on the Vaal and the legendary Gatsien! This stretch will take between 1-2 hours to complete.
Available every day of the week Mondays to Saturdays – 09:00, 12:00 and 15:00 and on Sundays 10:00 or 15:00.
Our Popular Compact Rafting is perfect for beginners, non-swimmers and one that want a quick adrenaline rush from the Mighty Vaal River.
- Qualified guides
- Safety Equipment for Rafting
- 1 Bottle Drinking water per person
- Transport from our Base Camp
- Come to the meeting point wearing comfortable clothes and shoes that you won’t mind getting wet.
- Flip flops are not ideal as they float away when you fall in the water.
- Bring lots of sunscreen and keep applying during the rafting.
- If you are going to wear sunglasses, make sure you bring straps or a shoelace to tie it to your helmet.
- Dry clothes and towels should be kept in the cars.
- We take a dry barrel on the water for small items such as cigarettes or a small camera.
Details of Trip
|Duration||1-2 Hours depending on Water Level|
|Start Point||REAL Adventures Base Camp|
|End Point||REAL Adventures Base Camp|
|Transport||Included from Base Camp to start location, and back to base Camp|